We are all about the 30 minute recipes because we never have more than that to rifle up dinner. Weekends is when we indulge, like these No Brainer Loaded Nachos, which coincidentally also take less than 30 minutes to whip up. But this Instant No Yeast Naan takes the cake when it comes to 30 minute recipes. Why? Because:
1. It looks way tooo fancy for anyone to believe that you whipped it up in under 30 minutes, so major brownie points when guests come over.
2. The actual naan takes only 2 minutes (Whaaaaaa?? You’ll see) to make and the rest is resting time for the dough
3. Doesn’t need an oven which I think is a big plus for anyone who doesn’t own an oven or has major power cuts at the most (in)appropriate times like we do in Bangalore
4. Perfect for variations. I’m thinking Instant No Yeast Garlic and Chili Naan, Instant No Yeast Cheesy Naan and my favorite – Instant No Yeast Keema Naan
5. This instant naan does not require either yeast or eggs
6. It really ONLY takes 30 minutes from start to finish (And that’s the best reason to make it)
This is really my mum’s recipe and she deserves major credit for this. I’m sure she’s not going to find out because she hardly ever reads my blog. SHOUTOUT to MOM and a big HINT – Please start reading my blog more regularly! She’s going to kill me for this, but it had to be said.
As kids, we would always demand things that she needed to pull instantly out of her magic hat. And this no yeast naan recipe came from there, I think. We love you MA, mainly for this naan!
I’ve made this a few times now, for Denver first, so that he can approve (he’s my guinea pig if you haven’t guessed that already) and some friends after that. And I’m happy to report that this got a BIG thumbs up every time.
Last night, War and Cheese was over for dinner, and this no yeast naan made an appearance again, along with some mutton fry and chicken. Over lots of laughter and good times, we broke bread together, wishing there was some cheese stuffed inside these little beauties. But until next time.
Would you like to see variations of this recipe? Maybe some no yeast Naan Pizza? Leave a comment on the blog or connect with me on Twitter where we can talk more about how awesome this Instant Naan is.